Southern Indiana Railroad (1897-1906) - Kitton Ditch Bridge
Photo taken by J.P. in December 2009
BH Photo #150549
Photos show the Kitton ditch bridge and the abutments for an overpass that would have carried the railroad over E. Ashboro Road a few hundred yards to the east. A bridge over the Eel River east of here (BH 45892) was a part of the same project.
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Kitton Ditch on unbuilt rail line
- Clay County, Indiana
- Closed to all traffic
- Built as part of railroad right of way that was never finished.
- - Southern Indiana Railroad (1897-1906)
- Closed-spandrel arch
- Also called
- Nicknamed by us: Gates of Narnia Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.38938, -87.04938 (decimal degrees)
39°23'22" N, 87°02'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/495747/4359988 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Center Point
- Inventory number
- BH 43726 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 27, 2019: Updated by Luke: Created seperate Southern Indiana Railroad category for the bridge.
- July 27, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- October 13, 2013: New photos from Jim Grey
- August 14, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: builder
- August 13, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Added Information
- December 8, 2009: Added by J.P.