BO - IN 3 Overpass
Indiana 3 overpass before later expansion.
Charlestown-Clark County Public Library owns these photos
BH Photo #286835
Bridge was built for the B&O Railroad company and during its time was expanded from one span to two after Indiana 3 being expanded to four lanes. Bridge was removed in late 2003.
- Lost Bridge over Indiana 3 on B&O Railroad
- Charlestown, Clark County, Indiana
- Replaced 1948
- - Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (BO)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 90.0 ft.
- Also called
- BO - IN 3 Underpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.43963, -85.65911 (decimal degrees)
38°26'23" N, 85°39'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/617022/4255446 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 61561 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 30, 2014: Updated by J.P.: Added category "Baltimore & Ohio Railroad"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com