NS - Biddles Island Bridge (N)
South side of bridge
Taken from South Burlington Avenue bridge.
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #136497
Two spans at 166' each, plus one pile trestle at 79'
- Lost through truss bridge over Wabash River fork on Norfolk Southern Railway (Norfolk and Western, Wabash Railroads) in Logansport
- Logansport, Cass County, Indiana
- Built 1882; Replaced 1998
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Skewed Pratt through truss; replaced by pony plate girder.
Length of largest span: 166.0 ft.
Total length: 411.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 26.0 ft.
- Also called
- NS - Wabash River Bridge (N)
NS - Cliff Drive Viaduct
Wabash Railroad Bridge #306
Wabash - Biddles Island Bridge (N)
Wabash - Wabash River Bridge (N)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.75078, -86.36373 (decimal degrees)
40°45'03" N, 86°21'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/553712/4511286 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 42205 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 2, 2021: Updated by Luke: Corrected bridge from South to North based on historic aerial imagery; Added Wabash Railroad press photo
- January 1, 2015: Updated by James Holzmeier: Added Wabash bridge number; updated build date & measurements
- October 27, 2010: New photo from James Norwood
- February 25, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- April 9, 2009: Updated by James Norwood
- April 6, 2009: Updated by James Norwood
- April 4, 2009: Added by James Norwood