CR 500E-Deer Creek Bridge
A very early example of an all-riveted truss bridge in Indiana.
- Lost Parker through truss bridge over Deer Creek on CR 500 E
- Cass County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1904; replaced 1993
- - Attica Bridge Co. of Attica, Indiana
- 8-panel, riveted Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 118.1 ft.
Total length: 120.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #158
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.59642, -86.27958 (decimal degrees)
40°35'47" N, 86°16'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/560956/4494206 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Young America
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 0900113 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 38888 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 99 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 24, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Alternate name and categories
- April 18, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- April 18, 2009: New photo from James Norwood
- April 5, 2009: New photo from James Norwood
- January 31, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- James Norwood
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Robert Stephenson - seinfeld99 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- HAER IN-60 - Attica Bridge, Spanning Deer Creek on County Road 500 East, Young America vicinity, Cass County, IN