CR - Sidney Branch Bridge
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in April 2010
BH Photo #160473
This small (but heavily built) pony plate girder is a remnant from a long abandoned rail corridor. This line was built as part of the "Shelbyville and Columbus Railroad" in 1853. Later part of the "Jeffersonville Madison and Indianapolis", and "Pennsylvania Railroad" empire. Line connected to "Rushville & Shelbyville RR" which connected to Pennsylvania 'Panhandle' main line at Cambridge City or, after 1910 Dublin, Indiana. It was abandoned in 1977.
- August 10, 2012: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Pennsylvania Railroad", "Railroad", "Missing deck"
- April 3, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Added aditional info and abandonment date.
- April 3, 2010: Updated by James Norwood: Added Railroad info, thanks AD for the hunt.
- April 3, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James Norwood
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com