The Republic: July 14 1960
BH Photo #443972
Was considered the "Best county bridge in the state" when it was built.
At a cost of $22,000 in 1878 it was certainly an expensive one!
- Lost Through truss bridge over East Fork White River on County Road 800 South
- Bartholomew County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge in 1972
- Built in 1878 by McCormack & Sweeney; removed in 1972
- - McCormack & Sweeney (Contractors)
- (2)10-panel, pinned Whipple through trusses
Length of largest span: 155.0 ft.
Total length: 310.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.08506, -85.86019 (decimal degrees)
39°05'06" N, 85°51'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/598580/4326834 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84522 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 24, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and truss type.
- February 24, 2019: Added by Melissa Brand-Welch
- February 22, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com