Leo Covered Bridge
93-Covered Bridge at Leo, Ind. Replaced
Pre 1923 postcard photo (Credited to a Mr. Pepe in 1902)
BH Photo #491544
Featured some beautifully scalloped portals.
The Western Bridge Company would soon transition into the Western Bridge Works. They would manufacture exclusively iron bridge.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over St Joseph River on Grabill Road
- Allen County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1878; Lost in the 1913 flood.
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio (pony truss)
- Western Bridge Co. of Ft. Wayne, IN (covered thru truss)
- Howe through truss
4-panel, pinned Pratt pony truss approach.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.22297, -85.00860 (decimal degrees)
41°13'23" N, 85°00'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/666918/4565421 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84892 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 16, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and other stuff
- May 10, 2021: New photo from Tony Dillon
- February 24, 2021: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- February 23, 2021: New photo from Tony Dillon
- April 2, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com