BNSF - I&M Canal Bridge
General View Of Bridge From West Side Of Desplaines River, Looking East.
Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #117990
Interesting two track skewed bridge.
- Baltimore through truss bridge over I&M Canal on BNSF Railway in Joliet
- Joliet, Will County, Illinois
- Built 1935
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Bsltimore through truss
Span length: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 200.0 ft.
- Also called
- ATSF I&M Canal Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.53926, -88.08217 (decimal degrees)
41°32'21" N, 88°04'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/409732/4599188 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36913 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 23, 2020: New photo from Roger Deschner
- November 4, 2015: Updated by Matt Lohry: Almost a subdivided Warren...almost, but not quite. This is a Baltimore through truss.
- August 14, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- July 4, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- October 8, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway"
- May 26, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- February 28, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Skewed", "Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway", "I & M Canal"
- May 16, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Status
- February 21, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Added GPS coordinates
- July 23, 2008: Added by Kim Harvey