CSX - Chicago Street Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #226332
Also was original Route 66 alignment
- Steel stringer bridge over IL53NB (Chicago St) on CSX RR(former Rock Island)
- Joliet, Will County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1912
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS)
- Michigan Central Railroad (MC)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 22.0 ft.
Total length: 75.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.52370, -88.08158 (decimal degrees)
41°31'25" N, 88°04'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/409760/4597459 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 099-0220 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51493 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 16, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- July 16, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- May 26, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- May 17, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "US 66"
- March 2, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 28, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Corrected railroad name