Wauponsee Glacial Trail - Forked Creek Bridge
Forked Creek Trail Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in March 2022
BH Photo #525310
Former Wabash/Norfolk & Western right-of-way (abandoned circa 1990. Bridge built in 1908 replacing original pony truss and trestle combo.
- Deck plate girder bridge over IL102 & Forked Creek on Wauponsee Glacial Trail
- Will County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1908
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Norfolk & Western Railway (NW)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Deck plate girder and floor beam system
Length of largest span: 44.0 ft.
Total length: 131.9 ft.
- Also called
- Wauponsee Glacial Trail - IL Overpass
Wabash Railroad Bridge #1141
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.26119, -88.11189 (decimal degrees)
41°15'40" N, 88°06'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/406857/4568348 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 099-0168 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 50096 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 14, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: added builder
- December 26, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- December 17, 2014: Updated by James Holzmeier: Updated history and added Wabash bridge number
- March 1, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Norfolk & Western Railway", "Rail-to-trail"
- November 9, 2011: Added by Steve Conro