College Street Bridge
Engineering News-record: 1903
DANVILLE ILL - W. H. Morris City Engineer writes us that bids are asked until Oct. 28 for constructing a steel bridge over the Vermilion river at College St. It is to be 920 ft. long the main span being 200 ft. long and the foundation of stone and concrete.
DANVILLE ILL - County Supervisors will give $5,000 toward construction of College St. bridge over Vermillion River. The bridge will cost $30,000.
- Lost Deck truss bridge over Vermilion River on College Street in Danville
- Danville, Vermilion County, Illinois
- Built 1904, closed to traffic on August 20, 1947, demolished in 1958
- - Lafayette Engineering Co. of Lafayette, Indiana
- Main span: Pin-connected Baltimore deck truss
Approaches: Pin-connected Pratt deck truss
Length of largest span: 200.0 ft.
Total length: 920.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.11719, -87.62492 (decimal degrees)
40°07'02" N, 87°37'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/446747/4440950 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Danville SE
- Inventory number
- BH 45893 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 2, 2013: New photo from Jacob P. Bernard
- April 20, 2013: New photos from Jacob P. Bernard
- July 31, 2012: New photo from Mike Roegner
- December 9, 2010: Updated by Mike Roegner: Corrected build date and builder per newspaper articles
- August 14, 2010: Added by James Baughn based on info from Mike Roegner