No votes cast
RI - Kickapoo Slough/Old Mill Creek Bridge (1893)
Rock Island Structural Field Notes
BH Photo #550159
Information from Rock Island Structural Field Notes, located at the National Archives.
- Lost Quadrangular through truss bridge over Kickapoo Slough on Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad
- Milan, Rock Island County, Illinois
- Filled in
- Built 1893; Replaced 1929
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- 2-135'2" Quadrangular Through Truss
Length of largest span: 135.0 ft.
Total length: 270.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.45404, -90.57508 (decimal degrees)
41°27'15" N, 90°34'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/702540/4591999 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90980 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 13, 2023: New photo from Luke
- February 12, 2023: Updated by John Marvig: added build date