IAIS - Old Senachwine Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in January 2012
BH Photo #224250
Abandoned creek bed. This looks like it was the original path of Senachwine Creek. This bridge looks much older than the current Senachwine Creek bridge about 1000' to the north. Looks like it may still carry intermittent run off.
- Deck plate girder bridge over abandoned Senachwine Creek on Iowa Interstate RR (former Rock Island RR)
- Putnam County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Looks like original Senachwine creek bed. Very early 1900's
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS)
- Iowa Railroad (IRRC)
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 120.0 ft.
- Also called
- RI - Old Senachwine Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.19878, -89.40087 (decimal degrees)
41°11'56" N, 89°24'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/298682/4563603 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51154 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 2, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 1, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Iowa Interstate Railroad"