Norfolk Southern RR All Forks Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in January 2012
BH Photo #224229
A little research shows this was built as part of the New York Central-Kankakee Belt Route that came through here. The line crossed the Illinois river and continued up through Ladd to Zearing. The Illinois River bridge at DePue must have been quite a structure.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over All Forks Creek on Norfolk Southern RR (former New York Central RR)
- Mark, Putnam County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1909 by the King Bridge Co. Cleveland Ohio
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Pony plate girder
Total length: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.26460, -89.24226 (decimal degrees)
41°15'53" N, 89°14'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/312172/4570555 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Spring Valley
- Inventory number
- BH 51151 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 2, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 1, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Norfolk Southern Railway"