WAB - Bridge #557
Wabash Railroad Bridge #557
This view from a 1911 postcard shows that the Howe through truss was removed and replaced by a pile trestle structure
BH Photo #308164
Total length includes timber stringers on East & West Approaches, as well as the Howe Truss (longest span at 51 feet). This bridge was later replaced, at an unknown date, with a 124' pile trestle structure, shown in the accompanying postcard.
- Bridge over Panther Creek on Wabash, later N&W, Railroad
- Pittsfield, Pike County, Illinois
- Built 1883
- - Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 51.0 ft.
Total length: 114.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.62656, -90.79918 (decimal degrees)
39°37'36" N, 90°47'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/688889/4388625 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Salem
- Inventory number
- BH 64037 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 11, 2014: Added by James Holzmeier