Photo taken by Thomas Dyrek in October 2017
BH Photo #457456
This turntable was used by the Rock Island for turning locomotives at their roundhouse and shop facility. It was last used in the late 1970s and has been preserved by the city, however it is going to be relocated to the Monticello Railway Museum in Monticello, IL to allow the city to redevelop the area.
- Turntable from the Rock Island Railroad
- Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois
- Closed; to be relocated to Monticello Railway Museum
- At former site of Rock Island roundhouse
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
Span length: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 90.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- Riverfront Park Turntable
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.69757, -89.57618 (decimal degrees)
40°41'51" N, 89°34'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/282340/4508376 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 86862 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 8, 2019: New photos from Thomas Dyrek