CP - Leaf River Bridge
New modular spans
The end 2 spans have been recently replaced by these modular concrete slabs.
Photo taken by Steve Conro in April 2012
BH Photo #230717
The original end spans have recently (12/11) been replaced with new modular concrete bridges. Former second track bridge has been removed.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Leaf River on Canadian Pacific Railway
- Leaf River, Ogle County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- Deck plate girder main spans with 4 modular precast concrete slabs replacing the outer 2 spans. The concrete slabs are new with 2 addition piers added.
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 240.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.12822, -89.39766 (decimal degrees)
42°07'42" N, 89°23'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/301824/4666795 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- German Valley
- Inventory number
- BH 52167 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 21, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- April 27, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- April 26, 2012: New photos from Steve Conro
- April 22, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Dakota, Minnesota, and Eastern Railroad", "Canadian Pacific Railway"
- April 22, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"