Glenn Avenue Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in January 2020
BH Photo #465329
Concrete slab with cantilevered sidewalk on one side and structurally independent sidewalk structure on the other side. Sidewalk railings are steel riveted lattice, while vehicular railings are solid paneled concrete parapet. Reported as 1940 in NBI, but local newspaper reports 1923 construction date.
- Slab bridge over Branch of Sugar Creek on Glenn Avenue
- Normal, McLean County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement, but available for relocation and reuse.
- Built 1940
- Reinforced concrete slab.
Length of largest span: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 25.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.49974, -88.99013 (decimal degrees)
40°29'59" N, 88°59'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/331362/4485127 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 85712 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 27 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 26, 2020: New photos from Steve Conro
- June 28, 2019: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added bridge, design details, news article link.