P&E Little Kickapoo Creek Bridge
View facing east from Capodice Road
Photo taken by Thomas Dyrek in July 2018
BH Photo #466300
This bridge was built by the Indianapolis Bloomington & Western Railway around 1866. The rail line connected Indianapolis with Bloomington and Peoria. By 1960 it was owned by the Peoria & Eastern Railway, a subsidiary of the New York Central. The line eventually wound up under the Conrail system, and finally Norfolk Southern who abandoned the Bloomington to Mansfield portion of the line in 2004. The tracks were removed in 2018 and the bridge stands abandoned today.
- February 21, 2020: New photo from Thomas Dyrek