Fox River Trail - Fox River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #225234
Old Chicago & Northwestern Railway bridge converted to trail use. Not sure when it was abandoned. A local who was nearby when I was shooting pictures said "there hadn't been a train across it in 30 years".
- Deck plate girder bridge over Fox River on Fox River Bike Trail in Algonquin
- Algonquin, McHenry County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1898
- - Lassig Bridge & Iron Works of Chicago, Illinois
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Deck plate girder with nice old stone piers and abutments
Length of largest span: 78.0 ft.
Total length: 260.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.16164, -88.29365 (decimal degrees)
42°09'42" N, 88°17'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/393133/4668532 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Crystal Lake
- Inventory number
- BH 51262 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 21, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- August 1, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: added build date
- July 31, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added builder via John
- February 10, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Rail-to-trail", "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Skewed"