Fox River Trail - LaFox River Drive Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #225228
Old Chicago & Northwestern Railway bridge converted to trail use. Not sure when it was abandoned. A local who was nearby when I was shooting pictures said "there hadn't been a train across it in 30 years".
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over LaFox River Drive on Fox River Bike Trail
- Algonquin, McHenry County, Illinois
- Replaced by a MOB
- Built 1929
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 50.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.16238, -88.29425 (decimal degrees)
42°09'45" N, 88°17'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/393085/4668615 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Crystal Lake
- Inventory number
- BH 51261 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 20, 2020: Updated by Tyler: Replaced
- August 21, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- August 1, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- July 31, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added builder via John
- February 10, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Rail-to-trail"