UPRR US14 Bridge
Current modern bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #225127
Old narrow stringer bridge had a center support placed precariously in the center of the road.
- Lost Steel stringer bridge over US 14 on UPRR (Former C&NW) just east of Cary
- McHenry County, Illinois
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1929; replaced 1996 when US14 was widened.
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 29.9 ft.
Total length: 120.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.22576, -88.27879 (decimal degrees)
42°13'33" N, 88°16'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/394467/4675634 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Crystal Lake
- Inventory numbers
- IL 056-0042 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51244 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 10, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Chicago & North Western Railway"