NS - Route 66 Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2013
BH Photo #249752
Extended concrete abutments also carried a bridge for the parallel Illinois Terminal Ry. across Rt. 66 at this location. Measurements provided are from an official Wabash RR bridge book.
- Girder bridge over Old US 66 on Wabash and Illinois Terminal, later N&W, now NS Railway
- Macoupin County, Illinois
- Open to rail traffic
- Built 1938
- - Illinois Terminal Railroad (IT; ITC)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Wabash Railroad (WAB)
- Pony plate girder w/concrete deck and abutments
Length of largest span: 93.8 ft.
Total length: 98.9 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Skew angle
- 45 degrees
- Also called
- Wabash Railroad Bridge #833.5
Wabash Railroad Bridge 833 1/2
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.04046, -89.75056 (decimal degrees)
39°02'26" N, 89°45'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/261940/4324867 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Gillespie South
- Inventory numbers
- IL 059-9900 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 39799 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 18, 2015: New Street View added by James Holzmeier
- August 21, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Norfolk Southern Railway", "Railroad"
- March 4, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "US 66"
- February 10, 2009: Added by David Backlin