BP&J - Rooks Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in December 2012
BH Photo #244794
Long abandoned interurban rail bridge.
- Abandoned closed-spandrel arch bridge over Rooks Creek
- Livingston County, Illinois
- Built 1909
- - Burnham & Ives of Bloomington. Illinois (Subcontractor)
- Fisher Construction Co. of Joliet, Illinois (Contractor)
- - Bloomington, Pontiac, & Joliet Interurban Railroad (BP&J)
- Closed-spandrel arch
Length of largest span: 85.0 ft.
Total length: 300.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.81419, -88.67743 (decimal degrees)
40°48'51" N, 88°40'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/358526/4519484 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Southwest Pontiac
- Inventory number
- BH 48464 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 28, 2016: New photo from Steve Conro
- January 17, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Corrected Build Date
- July 16, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- January 1, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added builder
- December 20, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Interurban" and build date
- December 19, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Skewed"
- March 21, 2011: Added by James McCray