Dixon Truesdell Bridge
- Lost Truesdell pony truss bridge over Rock River
- Dixon, Lee County, Illinois
- Collapsed in 1873
- Built in 1869, collapsed 1873 May 4 during a baptism in the river. Spectators were on the bridge when it collapsed, killing about 45 people.
- 5 span Truesdell truss with timber deck and floor beams
Length of largest span: 132.0 ft.
Total length: 660.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.84483, -89.48443 (decimal degrees)
41°50'41" N, 89°29'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/293739/4635532 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Dixon East
- Inventory number
- BH 58781 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 24, 2018: Photo imported by Dave King
- September 11, 2017: New photos from Luke
- September 10, 2017: New photo from Luke
- June 5, 2016: New photo from Art Suckewer
- April 26, 2016: Updated by Luke: Added photograph
- June 13, 2015: Updated by James Baughn: Added "Truesdell pony truss" to the list of available design types
- July 15, 2014: Updated by Fmiser: Added categories "Cast iron", "Wrought Iron"
- November 12, 2013: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Fmiser - fmiser [at] gmail [dot] com
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com