IR - Indian Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2011
BH Photo #218395
Information comes from the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Collection located at the Newberry Library, Chicago, Illinois.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Indian Creek on Illinois RailNet (former CB&Q)
- Wedron, LaSalle County, Illinois
- Built 1896
- - Shiffler Bridge Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Likely builder from plaque)
- - Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CBQ)
- Illinois RailNet (IR)
- Deck Plate Girder at main span over creek. Long Timber Stringer approach over local road.
Length of largest span: 75.0 ft.
Total length: 400.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.44262, -88.76674 (decimal degrees)
41°26'33" N, 88°46'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/352409/4589400 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49898 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 24, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: Added builder and build date
- October 24, 2011: Added by Steve Conro