Span was delivered to Libertyville in 5 truckloads and saved the city $40,000+ (Adjusted for inflation, that would be appx $328,698.67+ in 2018.)
- Pratt through truss bridge over Desplaines River on Rockland Road
- Libertyville, Lake County, Illinois
- Demolished and replaced.
- Future prospects
- Trusses were placed on 1990 pre-stressed concrete replacement bridge. As of 2018, these were removed.
- Built 1921 as the western span of the US51 Kaskaskia River Bridge at Vandalia, Relocated here 1962. Replaced with trusses reused as decorations in 1990
- Pratt through truss. Trusses were placed on 1990 pre-stressed concrete replacement bridge. As of 2018, these are scheduled to be demolished.
Length of largest span: 50.5 ft.
Total length: 155.5 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Also called
- The Green Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.27666, -87.93937 (decimal degrees)
42°16'36" N, 87°56'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/422541/4680920 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 80346 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 8, 2021: Updated by Nathan Holth: Demolished and replaced.
- January 11, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- February 25, 2018: New photo from Steve Conro
- February 20, 2018: Updated by Luke: Added city; Updated name; Added relocation info
- February 5, 2018: New Street View added by Nathan Holth