WSOR - Nippersink/Pistakee Lake Channel Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #225217
Pleasant discovery to find this is a former swing bridge. It has since been fixed in place.
- Deck plate girder swing bridge over Nippersink/Pistakee Lake Main Channel on Wisconsin & Southern RR (former Milwaukee Road) in Fox Lake
- Fox Lake, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Wisconsin & Southern Railroad (WSOR)
- Deck plate girder (former swing bridge) w/timber stringer and steel stringer approaches. Unusual design where steel stringers have been raised up into the railroad tracks to allow maximum clearance for boats to pass underneath.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.40482, -88.18864 (decimal degrees)
42°24'17" N, 88°11'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/402185/4695409 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fox Lake
- Inventory number
- BH 51254 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 26, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- February 15, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: I mistakenly put this in McHenry County should be Lake
- February 12, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Removed category "Swing Bridge"
- February 10, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "WSOR Wisconsin & Southern Railroad Co.", "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad", "Navigable waterway", "Swing Bridge"
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Douglas Butler