Walden-Bluffs Edge Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #224443
The Walden-Bluff End Bridge served as the main entrance to "Walden", the country estate of Cyrus H. McCormick, Jr. Saved from demolition in 1995 by the Lake Forest Preservation Foundation.
- Steel arch bridge over Walden ravine on Bluffs Edge Drive in Lake Forest
- Lake Forest, Lake County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1901, reconstructed in 1998
- - J.H Gray
- Steel arch
Span length: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 140.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.23535, -87.81626 (decimal degrees)
42°14'07" N, 87°48'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/432648/4676230 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Highland Park
- Inventory numbers
- IL 049-6857 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 15423 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 3, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added photos, history, changed build date
- July 6, 2010: Updated by Nick Brnot: Bridge is open to pedestrians!