Maquon Foot Bridges
3rd Street Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #238830
At first the bridges seem un-neccasary next to the roadway. Talked to a local who said both bridges were built before the road embankments were put in.
- Pair of steel trestle pedestrian bridges in Maquon
- Maquon, Knox County, Illinois
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Series of 2 foot bridges, built 1898, rebuilt in 1969 and 1995.
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- has some truss elements but is primarily a long steel trestle.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.79964, -90.16029 (decimal degrees)
40°47'59" N, 90°09'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/739560/4520396 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 37250 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 9, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 10, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added GPS
- August 19, 2008: Added by Kim Harvey