Fox River Bridge
The Main Street Bridge is one of only two bridges which crosses the Fox River in Dundee Township. It is a contributing structure to the Dundee Township Historical District and is the only bridge of its style and engineering in the State of Illinois.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Concrete tee beam bridge over Fox River on Ill Rte 72 (Main Street)
- Kane County, Illinois
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1918; Replaced 1996
- - George N. Lamb of St. Charles, Illinois (Designer)
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 58.1 ft.
Total length: 240.2 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.09809, -88.27638 (decimal degrees)
42°05'53" N, 88°16'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/394454/4661455 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 045-0013 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 65463 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 12, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER IL-128 - Main Street Bridge, Spanning Fox River at State Route 72, West Dundee, Kane County, IL