CN - Nolan Road Overpass
Photo taken by Steve Conro in February 2012
BH Photo #225104
I remember this bridge in the late 1970's used to be a single span and had matching stone abutments on either side of the road. NBI still lists it as 36.1 feet overall. You can see its easily double that. I don't know when it was widened but it must have been a while ago as it looks old already.
- Steel stringer bridge over Nolan Road on Canadian National Railroad (former Ill. Central RR)
- Kane County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Steel stringer
Total length: 80.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.00247, -88.37004 (decimal degrees)
42°00'09" N, 88°22'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/386539/4650958 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 045-9940 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51240 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 17, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- October 18, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Canadian National Railway"
- February 10, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 9, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Skewed", "Illinois Central Railroad"