Blackberry Creek Frankenbridge
Photo taken by Tyler
BH Photo #472930
Bridge appears to be built from parts of an older pin-connected truss bridge. Former end posts with pins reused as towers and various other beams make up the stiffening girders and anchors. Newer connections are bolted or welded. It is possible this could be from a rail bridge at this location or nearby. Inland Steel marks on older beams. Very bouncy when crossed and has a large sag.
- Wire suspension bridge over Blackberry Creek on Virgil Gilman Trail (rail-trail)
- Aurora, Kane County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built using older bridge parts. Date unknown and history of earlier bridge unknown.
- Hybrid Wire/cable suspension
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.76045, -88.38816 (decimal degrees)
41°45'38" N, 88°23'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/384604/4624110 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89461 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 16, 2020: Updated by Tyler: Added category "Mystery"
- May 28, 2020: New photos from Tyler