Cache River Bridge
Photo taken by James Baughn in February 2019
BH Photo #443486
Located within Cypress Pond State Natural Area a short hike from the trailhead at the end of Baldwin Lane.
- Abandoned bedstead pony truss bridge over Old Channel Cache River on the former Elvira to Pleasant Grove Road
- Johnson County, Illinois
- Abandoned with deck removed; on verge of collapse
- Riveted 3-panel bedstead Warren pony truss
Span length: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 50.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.46968, -89.02746 (decimal degrees)
37°28'11" N, 89°01'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/320710/4148907 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 12 S., R. 2 E., Sec. 18
- Inventory number
- BH 84392 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 10, 2019: Added photos from James Baughn
- February 9, 2019: Updated by James Baughn: Field visit confirms this is a bedstead truss, but is in terrible condition
- February 4, 2019: Added by James Baughn
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com