KJRY - Rock Creek Bridge
Toledo, Peoria & Warsaw Stone Arch
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #239118
This rail line appears on an 1874 county map as Toledo, Peoria & Warsaw. From the look of the hand stone work this has got to date into the late 1800's. Incredible stone workmanship.
- Stone arch bridge over Rock Creek on Keokuk Junction RR (former Toledo, Peoria & Warsaw) 3.5m NE of Ferris
- Hancock County, Illinois
- - Keokuk Junction Railway (KJRY)
- Peoria & Western Railway (PWRY)
- Toledo, Peoria, & Western Railroad (TPW)
- Stone arch
Total length: 120.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.49788, -91.11693 (decimal degrees)
40°29'52" N, 91°07'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/659569/4484723 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Carthage East
- Inventory number
- BH 53504 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 11, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Keokuk Junction Railway", "Toledo, Peoria, & Western Railroad"