KJRY - New Spoon River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in April 2016
BH Photo #352651
Originally built for the Missouri Pacific Railroad in 1936 to cross the Colorado river in Bay City, TX. Reused here to replace the first Spoon River bridge that collapsed on September 16, 2013.
Had a very nice time chatting with the folks that live in the cabin next to the bridges. Shared stories of the collapse and the following salvage and reconstruction. This has been one of the fun and interesting things about gathering photos. The people we've met and the stories they've shared.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Spoon River on Keokuk Junction Railway
- Fulton County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built for the Missouri Pacific Colorado River crossing in Bay City, Texas; moved here in 2014
- - Keokuk Junction Railway (KJRY)
- Deck plate girder
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.48560, -90.34279 (decimal degrees)
40°29'08" N, 90°20'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/725216/4485048 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 66967 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 29, 2016: New photo from Steve Conro
- April 10, 2015: Updated by Andy Winegar: Added categories "Keokuk Junction Railway", "Relocated", "Spoon River"