ICE Drainage Ditch Bridge
Photo taken by Thomas Dyrek in November 2021
BH Photo #512611
The Illinois Central Electric Railway was chartered on October 9, 1903. It was a small interurban system that ran between Lewistown and Farmington. It was closed and abandoned in 1928, and almost nothing of the railroad besides this bridge remains today.
- Abandoned bridge on Abandoned Illinois Central Electric Railway
- Lewistown, Fulton County, Illinois
- Built in 1912 to carry the Illinois Central Electric Railway over a farm drainage ditch.
- - Illinois Central Electric Railway
Span length: 12.0 ft.
Total length: 12.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.43844, -90.14144 (decimal degrees)
40°26'18" N, 90°08'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/742453/4480346 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 95228 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 24, 2021: New Street View added by Thomas Dyrek