CN - Drummer Creek Bridges
Photo taken by Steve Conro in April 2021
BH Photo #498045
3 separate bridges at this location. One 2 track serving the CN mainline, the other 2 singles on an adjacent siding serving a local industry. Main bridge originally built 1920, but girder span remodeled 1943. Middle bridge built 1939, northwest bridge built 1947.
- Deck Plate Girder Bridge over Drummer Creek on CN (former Illinois Central)
- Gibson City, Ford County, Illinois
- Main bridge built 1920, Rebuilt 1943; Other bridges built 1939 and 1947
- - Bethlehem Steel Co. of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- - Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 105.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.45984, -88.38408 (decimal degrees)
40°27'35" N, 88°23'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/382649/4479716 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Gibson City West
- Inventory number
- BH 60367 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 8, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: Added information from IC track profile
- May 7, 2021: New photos from Steve Conro
- March 23, 2014: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Canadian National Railway", "Illinois Central Railroad"