CR - S. Michigan Avenue Overpass
From the CTA "L" Train
Photo taken by Steve Conro in March 2012
BH Photo #228637
Two Track bridge, both abandoned
- Abandoned pony/through plate girder bridge over Michigan Ave on Conrail
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Built 1905
- - Chicago Junction Railway (CJR)
- Conrail (CR)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 54.1 ft.
Total length: 100.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.82195, -87.62322 (decimal degrees)
41°49'19" N, 87°37'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/448242/4630195 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Jackson Park
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0185 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 51897 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 6, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: Corrected railroad
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- March 28, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Illinois Central Railroad"