CN - Wabash-Michigan Alley Bridge
Note very modern appearance, on original 1899 stone abutments.
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in April 2019
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #446576
This short bridge spanning an alley appears to be very modern, though built on the original stone abutments. The alleyway it spans is between Wabash Avenue and Michigan Avenue. It may or may not be rebuilt in 2019, with the rest of the St. Charles Air Line bridges.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Alleyway between Wabash Avenue and Michigan Avenue on Canadian National Railway
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Possibly scheduled for replacement in 2019
- Built 1899, rebuilt very recently on original abutments
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- St. Charles Air Line Railroad
- Deck plate girder
Span length: 25.0 ft.
Total length: 25.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.86084, -87.62484 (decimal degrees)
41°51'39" N, 87°37'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/448139/4634514 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84966 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 14, 2019: New photos from Roger Deschner
- April 13, 2019: Added by Roger Deschner
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com