Bloomingdale Trail - Milwaukee Avenue Overpass
Bloomingdale Trail Overpass
View of the south side
Photo taken by Dave King on October 15, 2015
BH Photo #339442
Formerly was a 4 span through girder. Arch structure added in 2015 to support the girders, as the piers were removed. Girders were bolted together to create one "single span".
- Through Girder bridge over N. Milwaukee Avenue on Bloomingdale Line Trail
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1913, Modified 2015
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.91405, -87.68308 (decimal degrees)
41°54'51" N, 87°40'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/443352/4640459 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Chicago Loop
- Inventory number
- BH 69645 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 15, 2019: Updated by Luke: Added category "Modified"
- January 15, 2019: New photo from Nick Schmiedeler
- July 18, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- December 5, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- October 16, 2015: Added by Dave King