CN - Little Calumet River Bridges
Photo taken by Steve Conro in September 2012
BH Photo #240075
Four separate bridges. 3 double track and 1 single track.
A fixed span is a Strauss Underneath Counterweight trunnion bascule bridge hidden along side the warren through truss fixed span, built in 1925 replaced an earlier swing bridge. The counterweight and machinery is removed and converted to a fixed girder span.
- Warren through truss bridge over Little Calumet River on CNRR (former Illinois Central), Metra, Amtrak
- Chicago, Cook County, Illinois
- The former bascule bridge now a fixed span built in 1925
- - Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Canadian National Railway (CN)
- Commuter Rail
- Illinois Central Railroad (IC; ICG (1972-1988))
- Metra (METX)
- Warren through truss w/deck plate girder approaches, except single track which has a Pony plate girder (former bascule Bridge of the Strauss Underneath Counterweight type) approach.
Length of largest span: 320.0 ft.
Total length: 590.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.65101, -87.62073 (decimal degrees)
41°39'04" N, 87°37'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/448312/4611215 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lake Calumet
- Inventory number
- BH 53641 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 13, 2020: New photo from Douglas Butler
- November 28, 2018: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 22, 2013: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- September 25, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Canadian National Railway", "Illinois Central Railroad", "Amtrak", "Metra"