MJ Railway Bridge
Ogden Ave Span
Photo taken by Steve Conro in May 2012
BH Photo #232538
Manufacturers' Junction Railway (MJ) owns and operates over 6 miles of trackage in Cicero, Illinois. The railroad was incorporated to serve the former Western Electric Hawthorne Works, a primary producer of telephones and related equipment.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Ogden Ave (Old Rotute 66), BNSF RR & 26th St on Manufactures Junction Railway
- Cicero, Cook County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Pony plate girder larger spans, deck plate on smaller spns
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 850.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.84569, -87.73959 (decimal degrees)
41°50'44" N, 87°44'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/438600/4632907 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IL 016-0229 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 52504 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 26, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Belt Railway of Chicago"
- May 20, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "US 66", "Skewed"