BNSF - Illinois River Bridge (Beardstown)
Rail bridge from Beardstown Riverfront
Photo taken by Nathan Morton in August 2007
BH Photo #127242
This bridge contains a lift span that is much newer than its historic approach spans.
- Through truss vertical-lift bridge over Illinois River on BNSF Railway (formerly CB&Q, then BN) in Beardstown
- Beardstown, Cass County, Illinois, and Schuyler County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CBQ)
- Vertical lift bridge
Length of largest span: 328.0 ft.
Total length: 1,606.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.02295, -90.43345 (decimal degrees)
40°01'23" N, 90°26'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/719019/4433459 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 38033 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 15, 2021: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added estimated dimensions and approach type.
- April 24, 2016: New photos from Steve Conro
- November 2, 2015: New photo from Douglas Butler
- August 30, 2013: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- February 21, 2010: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Added GPS coordinates
- November 7, 2008: Added by Nathan Morton