Spoon River Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in December 2011
BH Photo #222086
Great re-use of materials. Obviously widened but built with the sides of an old railroad flatcar. The old stake brackets are used for the railing.
- Bridge over Spoon River on CR 800N
- Bureau County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built 1910
- Bridge is built using an old railroad flatcar
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 51.8 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.26316, -89.73779 (decimal degrees)
41°15'47" N, 89°44'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/270654/4571585 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- IL 006-4203 (Illinois bridge number)
BH 50608 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 35.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Recycled Flatcar"
- December 19, 2011: Added by Steve Conro