Mineshaft Road Steel Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in December 2012
BH Photo #244230
Originally built for the Chicago & Northwestern Ry. Left in place after the railway was abandoned and adapted for vehicular traffic.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Spring Creek on Mineshaft Rd (former C&NW Ry)
- Bureau County, Illinois
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1908 by American Birdge Co. Adapted for road after railway was abandoned
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Pony plate girder
Total length: 85.0 ft.
- Also called
- Chicago & Northwestern Ry Spring Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.34255, -89.17831 (decimal degrees)
41°20'33" N, 89°10'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/317746/4579074 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Spring Valley
- Inventory number
- BH 54735 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 2, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Adaptive reuse"