View looking west after walking "1000" ft to the Road Closed Sign.
Photo taken by K. Allen Ballard in July 14, 2015
BH Photo #333252
No History known at present. Found this bridge accidentally while driving by CR550 just west of Brown County Airport. Saw a large warning sign, "Bridge Closed 1.25 miles ahead, so I turned around to investigate. At the end of CR550, on your right is the old abandoned section of CR925N. Another Sign says, "Road Closed 1000 Feet". You will need to park, the road is not fit for vehicles. Yet another sign says "Road Closed 500 feet". If you're a real photographer, this is a cool spot to take pics.
- Abandoned bridge over Airport Creek on CR925N
- Mt. Sterling, Brown County, Illinois
- Future prospects
- Left to rot in a remote location on an abandoned part of CR925N, just west, below the Brown County Airport.
- Low Box Truss Railing; Wooden Deck, steel plate repair.
Length of largest span: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 24.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.98050, -90.81113 (decimal degrees)
39°58'50" N, 90°48'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/686902/4427887 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mount Sterling
- Inventory number
- BH 68608 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 14, 2016: Updated by James Baughn: Found NBI info
- July 20, 2015: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Add Bridge; Known details; Upload 4 photos, more to come.....
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com