UP - S. Fork Lizard Creek Bridge
UP S. Fork Lizard Creek Bridge
Overview. Writing in upper left corner says "45' From IA #1662"
Photo taken by John Marvig in March 2019
BH Photo #445143
Deck Girder span relocated from Bridge #1662 near Kingsley, Iowa; which was removed upon abandonment in 1965.
- Deck Plate girder bridge over S. Branch Lizard Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Webster County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built Ca. 1905 in Western Iowa, relocated here Ca. 1965
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (MSTL)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 167.0 ft.
- Also called
- C&NW Bridge #49
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.47281, -94.29174 (decimal degrees)
42°28'22" N, 94°17'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/393815/4703081 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84724 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 27, 2019: New photos from John Marvig
- March 23, 2019: Added by John Marvig