Iowa Junction Mystery Bridge
Iowa Junction was the location of the wye where the Muscatine-Montezuma and Iowa City-Iowa Junction lines of the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad joined.
Either this is the bridge over the English River due south of the wye, or a pre-1894 version of the bridge at River Junction, the only bridge across the Iowa River in the immediate area until Iowa Highway 22 was already built.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over English River on Red Ball Route
- Washington County, Iowa, and Johnson County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.48110, -91.54196 (decimal degrees)
41°28'52" N, 91°32'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/621728/4593192 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 91431 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 14, 2020: Added by Luke