RI - County Road W55/Wayland Road Overpass
The one remaining abutment is the east one. The west abutment and the fill on that side are long gone...
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in March 2013
BH Photo #251744
The data in the 1973 Rock Island track chart for this bridge is wrong. Both this bridge and the nearby Crooked Creek Bridge have the same bridge number and dimensions, most likely due to accidental error in data entry when preparing the track chart. Simple visual comparison of the two bridges in aerial imagery shows this bridge to be appreciably shorter than the Crooked Creek Bridge.
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over County Road W55/Wayland Road on former Rock Island RR
- Washington County, Iowa
- Demolished with one abutment remaining
- Built 1945, abandoned and removed 1983
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.24412, -91.67832 (decimal degrees)
41°14'39" N, 91°40'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/610745/4566699 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55932 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 21, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- September 1, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added info from track chart
- August 14, 2013: New Street View added by Dave King
- August 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "Railroad"
- August 13, 2013: Added by Dave King
- March 29, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "railroad"